10 habits of healthy eaters:
1. Eat Early
2. Don’t keep unhealthy snacks where they are easily accessible. Replace with healthy snacks.
3. Indulge once in a while to avoid over indulgence because of total deprivation. Just make it smaller quantities.
4. Jazz up healthy recipes with your own spice! Experiment with different seasonings to create interesting flavors to satisfy your palate.
5. Make lunch your heartiest meal. Go heavier on the proteins and veggies – lighter on the carbs.
6. Plan your meals to avoid last minute runs for fast food.
7. Eat at least 3 hours before bedtime.
8. Keep it simple – eat less processed food and instead shop for fresh ingredients.
9. Add a variety of color to your menu – reds, green, yellow, orange.
10. Read labels – the amount of fat, sugar and sodium found in our foods is alarming! In addition, look for higher fiber as opposed high fructose syrup, and other unhealthy ingredients.
Quote of the day: "All disease starts in the gut." – Hippocrates